June 5, 2014

Marco came, and Marco left

I started crying when I saw him pass through airport security for the last time, I've never cried in public but sniffling it back and holding it down was the hardest thing I've ever done. And the walk to my car was the longest walk I've ever experienced. I'm like crying all of the sudden right now, not loud but you know, quietly. Am I crying for my heart or am I crying for how happy he is to see his long-missed friends and family in Italy? When I hit the parking garage I was full on tears, then the instant I closed the car door to my little Chevy I just got so loud with it, I didn't know I was this in love with him. Today is Thursday, I surrendered him to Italy Sunday night, and I tell myself that he's happy there so why not be happy here? We got to the airport at 5, flight at 8:45, so we spent about two hours together with a berry and a carrot-orange smoothie from jamba juice and I showed him the PowerPoint I made for him, titled,
...and here's some slides do you see how cute this is, oh how I love him:
I've contacted the University of Perugia and I've been working on my Italian so maybe I can do an internship there this fall. I've also looked into canada and Australia (exclusively in cities where I have reliable friends in case I need help). There are good guys out there and this little scorpio changed me and I miss him.

~Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment